Who are Federal Skilled Workers in Canada?
Canadian immigration authorities consider the ability to get economic establishment after immigrating to the country a major required in Federal Skilled Workers approvals. In general, the Express Entry immigration selection system is responsible for processing applications in the FSW program. Expressing interest in immigrating to Canada is a must for admissible applicants. The applicants should create an online Express Entry profile.
Multi-year immigration goal
On 1st November 2017, the Canadian government did launch its multi-year immigration goals for the years 2018, 2019, and 2020. The following are the admissibility requirements for permanent residency.
- Applicants should retain full-time jobs for 10 years non-stop. They also should be working in professional positions – National Occupational Classification skill levels 0, A or B;
- Applicants should meet minimum requirements Qualify for Arranged Employment In Canada with a Labour Market Impact Assessment and a full-time, permanent job offer from a Canadian employer; and
- Reach a minimum level of language ability in speaking, reading, and writing in either English or French.
Additionally, the candidates must attain no less than 67 points depending on some aspects of the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) immigration range, in order to be eligible for PR application. Some of the aspects looked into are such as:
- The applicants receive up to 25 points for formal education in the Canadian education system;
- Language ability. The applicants receive up to 28 total points. 24 points are awarded for the first official language and extra 4 points for the second official language;
- Work Experience. The applicants are bestowed up to 15 points for particular paid, professional work experience gained in the past 10 years. The least points required are nine;
- The applicants are bestowed up to 12 points depending on their age at the period of online application;
- Arranged Employment. The applicants receive up to 10 points if they have arranged job opportunities in Canada that follows precise criteria;
- The applicants receive up to 10 points for various aspects that prove that they are adjustable to the Canadian environment.
Six selection factors:
The Canadian Immigration Process involves an educational requirement; this will help to shape the foundation on which to accept or deny a Federal Skilled Worker applicant.
- Language skills
Citizenship and Immigration Canada demands that the Federal Skilled Worker demonstrate foreign language skills in one of the official languages ( English or French) of Canada.
- Work experience
Another major element recognized by Canadian Immigration Officers is Work Experience. It is another factor that should be regarded in deciding if the Skilled Workers should be approved or denied on their Canadian Immigration application.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada grants points for Federal skilled workers, based on the applicant’s status. Our Canadian immigration law firm has years of practice and will address your age-factor-points concerns.
- Arranged employment
The Canadian Immigration process will be accelerated if a Canadian employer offers a foreign qualified worker an offer of permanent full-time jobs in Canada. This helps the foreign skilled worker to continue working for the Canadian employer without hesitation.
Adaptability Factors are intended to demonstrate to Citizenship and Immigration factors which can be likely to boost the ability of the Foreign Skilled Worker candidate to establish himself financially in Canada.
Proof of funds
Proof of funds is needed to demonstrate to the Canadian Government that you have enough resources to settle in the country. When you are invited to apply, you must have written proof of having the money. The sum of money you need to support your family is based on family size.
According to Canada’s official website, IRCC processes 80 percent of complete applications within six months of period.
Canadapt offers incredible services when it comes to getting approved in the Federal Skilled Worker and Professional Program. Contact us today to undergo a free admissibility evaluation and experts’ advice thereafter.