What is the IMM 1017e form?
The IMM 1017E is a medical report form for candidates who are going to remain in Canada for more than 6 months and planning to get employed.
Who needs IMM 1017e?
If you want to stay in Canada for more than 6 months, you will need to through a medical exam if you meet the following criteria:
- You must have lived in one or more of the countries listed in the table for at least 6 months in a row during the last year
- If you are going to submit an application for a parent or grandparent super visa program
- Additionally, if you are visiting Canada in order to work in certain jobs where the protection of public health is important. You can find out which jobs require you to take the medical exam and fill out IMM 1017e form
Nevertheless, if you have a plan to stay in Canada for 6 months or less, then you are not obligated to take a medical exam.
When do you need to take a medical exam?
Individuals can get their medical exams before or as well as after submitting their application. If they want to apply for the exam before the submission of the application, then it is called an upfront medical exam.
When you take the upfront medical exam you must include IMM 1017B form in the application package. In order to get an upfront medical exam, you will need to contact a panel physician directly.
You can apply to take an exam if you are going to apply for a visit, work, and as well as study in Canada.
Please note that, if you take an exam after the submission of your application, then you will get guidance from IRCC on how to get your medical exam done. Also, the medical exam must be taken within 30 days of getting the instructions, or your application may get rejected.
When you come to take an exam you will need to deliver the following documentation:
- Proper identification document which includes your photograph, and signature
- Any earlier medical records, as well as eyeglasses or contact lenses, or any current medications (if you use)
- And the medical report form (IMM 1017E)
How to download the form?
In general, you will not be able to download IMM 1017E form, since the form is not required for an upfront medical examination. Nevertheless, when you take your exam after you submit your application, then IRCC gives you with relevant guidance and documentation.