What is IMM 1294?
IMM 1294 is an application form to obtain a study permit outside Canada. If you are applying for a study permit outside Canada, you will need to download the sample form and fill it.
IMM 1294 guide
As per the guide, the international students can use IMM 1294 form to apply for their student visas in Canada. The Government of Canada encourages graduate international students to stay in the country by offering the Post-Graduate Work Permit. This helps graduates to obtain necessary Canadian work experience and opens them a pathway to apply for permanent residency using one of the several available immigration programs. You can download IMM 1294 pdf by clicking this link.
Please note that, along with your application for a study permit, you will also need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa. However, there are maybe some exemptions for citizens of visa-exempt countries.
Study permit requirements:
Before starting the application for study programs there are certain requirements you should meet:
- Proof of acceptance from a Designated learning institution (DLS) in Canada institution, such as university or college
- Financial Capability. You must prove that you have significant financial support during your stay in Canada in a number of ways;
- Proof that you do not have a criminal record by producing the certificate of good conduct issued by the police;
- Proof that your health is in tip-top condition through check-up results from a certified medical practitioner;
- You must not pose any threat to Canada’s security; and
- The immigration officer must be certain that you will depart from Canada after completing your studies
Who needs to apply for a study permit?
In general, individuals who do not have Canadian citizenship or a permanent residency need to get a Canadian study permit in order to become eligible to study in Canada.
Please note that there are few exceptions for the following people:
- Minor children who are attending pre-school, primary and as well as secondary levels
- Members of the armed forces of a country designated for the purposes of the Visiting Forces Act.
- Family members or private staff accompanying a foreign representative of the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of Canada.