What is IMM 5525?
IMM 5525 is a basic guide for candidates, who wish to become a sponsor (sponsorship evaluation form IMM5533), to prepare a sponsorship application package for their spouses, partners, or dependent children. The form is also can be used to create an application for Canadian permanent residence for the applicant’s spouse, partner, or as well as a dependent child.
However, please note that you can not use IMM 5525 basic guide form if you want to become a sponsor for an adopted child or orphaned family member and as well as for any other family member. Therefore, candidates sponsoring the mentioned persons in this paragraph must use the sponsorship package for adopted children and any other relatives. You can download the package using Canada’s official webpage.
In addition, your spouse or partner may become eligible for an Open Work Permit if you are planning to apply under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class.
Who can use IMM 5525 PDF?
If you want to become a sponsor and use the IMM 5525 form you need to meet the certain sponsorship criteria. There are the following requirements for candidates who want to become a sponsor.
- the sponsor must be at least 18 years of age and be a Canadian citizen or as well as a permanent resident living currently in Canada.
- Please note that Canadian permanent residents living outside of Canada must demonstrate a plan to live in Canada when the persons they sponsored become permanent residents.
- Therefore, candidates cannot sponsor someone if they are permanent residents living outside Canada
- the sponsor must demonstrate evidence that s/he is not in need to receive any social assistance for reasons other than a disability
- the candidate must be able to provide the basic needs of any person they are planning to sponsor
- Download and read the IMM 5525 guide carefully. Before starting to prepare your documentation, you will need to review the entire guide. The basic guide will also help you to avoid common mistakes.
- You need to obtain your application package, forms and as well as spousal sponsorship checklist
- Filling out your application forms: You may use the checklist file to prepare the application form. Please note that you must include and submit all the forms described in your checklist. However, depending on your circumstances you may not be required to file certain forms.
- Gather your documents: It is important to check the country-specific requirements. Because in some cases you may be required to provide an original document instead of a copy. If you provide improper documents other than is required, then your application will be returned back to you.
- Checking your application for any mistakes according to IMM 5525. You need to make sure that there are no mistakes in your application form which can cause delays in the procedure.
- 6. Pay your fees and send your application package. You may use the fee table in order to find out how much you will need to pay before sending your application package. After the payment, you can submit your application package by mail.