What is IMM5707?
The IMM5707 is a family information form to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) outside Canada. Individuals who are 18 years of age or older must use this form if they apply for a TRV, work permit or as well as a study permit outside Canada.
You can download the IMM 5707 pdf form from Canada’s official webpage.DOWNLOAD IMM 5707
IMM 5645 or IMM 5707
Who needs to fill and how to sign?
If you are 18 or older and planning to study, work or visit Canada on a temporary basis, then you need to fill out IMM 5707 as a part of your Temporary Resident Visa application.
IMM5707 instruction guide
As per the instruction guide described in Canada’s official webpage, individuals must complete the Family Information form (IMM 5645 or IMM 5707) listed in the application package for their country of citizenship.
How to sign an online application?
In order to successfully submit your application, you will need to type in your name and answer a security question. Since this will be your electronic signature, you do not need to print out the application form to sign the document.
- Sign your online application as below:
First, you need to type your name in the fields. Please note that you need to pay attention that your given and last name is exactly the same as described in your application form. For individuals under the age of 18, the form is needed to be signed by parents or guardians.
- Later you must answer a security question
When you type your security questions, you will be entering one of the four which you created when you registered your online account.
IMM5707 consists of two sections. You can read the instruction guide below to know how to fill the form:
In this section, you, as an applicant, must enter your personal details about you and your family members.
When you write your marriage details, you must choose one of the two options:
- If you are married were physically present at the marriage, then you must choose the “married-physically present” option in the marital status box.
- However, if you are married but were not physically present at the marriage, then you need to highlight “married-not physically present” in the relevant box.
Also, when you enter the details about your spouse or common-law partner, you must choose depending on your situation either:
- If you are married and your spouse was physically present at the marriage, select “married-physically present” in the marital status box
- However, if you are married and your spouse was not physically present at the marriage, then you need to select “married – not physically present” in the status box.
In addition, you will also need to enter the required information into the IMM5707 form about your mother and father. You must write down their full names, relationship, date of birth and marital status. You must note either they are married, single, widowed and etc.
Furthermore, their present address and occupation are also necessary to be included in the form. And finally, you must mention checking one of the “yes” or “no” boxes that if they are accompanying you to Canada.
Please note that it is important to answer all the questions. However, if you notice that the question does not apply to you then you can simply choose “not applicable”. Also, you will need to read “note” and then sign and date the declaration at the end of Section A if you do not have a spouse or as well as a common-law partner.
In Section B, you must enter the personal information about your children. Please note that you must write down the information about all of your children regardless of if they are already permanent residents or even citizens of Canada. The required data about your children must include the following:
- Married, or adopted children or as well as children of your spouse or common-law partner
- And also any of your children if they have been adopted by others or are in the custody of an ex-spouse, or any other guardian
You will need to mention their full name, relationship status, date of birth, marital status. In addition, you must also note if they have a job (occupation) and will accompany you to Canada.
As previously mentioned, you need to answer all given questions. However, for the questions that do not apply to you, simply note “not applicable”.
Canadapt Consulting is one of the best immigration services available helping potential immigrants to successfully settle in Canada through one of the 60 immigration streams.